A clean and shiny home is the first thing that impresses your guests and makes you feel proud. But keeping your house squeaky clean is not an easy job.
As one of the best home cleaning services in Dubai, we know that cleaning products can cost a lot of money and if not used correctly, can damage your property. So, in this post, we’re giving you some tips and tricks to help you clean your home using the stuff that you already have at home.
Cleaning Hack #1: Use vinegar and baking soda to clean your shower head
Over time, mineral deposits, soap scum, and bacteria can clog your shower head and reduce its water pressure and quality. Not to mention, it can look unsightly and unhygienic.
To fix this problem, you don’t need to buy a new showerhead or call a plumber. All you need is some vinegar, baking soda, and a plastic bag. Here are the steps to follow:
- Mix half a cup of vinegar and a quarter cup of baking soda in a small bowl. You will see some fizzing, but don’t worry, that’s normal.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic bag and tie it around your shower head. Make sure the shower head is fully submerged in the solution.
- Leave it for at least an hour, or overnight for best results.
- Remove the bag and rinse the shower head with hot water. You can also use an old toothbrush to scrub away any remaining residue.
Cleaning Hack #2: Use lemon and salt to polish your copper pots and pans
Copper pots and pans are great for cooking, as they conduct heat evenly and efficiently. However, they can also lose their lustre and develop a greenish or brownish tarnish over time. This tarnish is caused by oxidation, which is a chemical reaction between copper and oxygen in the air.
To restore the shine and beauty of your copper cookware, you need some lemon and salt. Here are the steps to follow:
- Cut a lemon in half and scatter some salt on the cut side.
- Rub the lemon over the surface of your copper pot or pan, using the salt as an abrasive. You will see the tarnish disappear and the copper shine through.
- Rinse the pot or pan with warm water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Cleaning Hack #3: Use dryer sheets to dust your blinds and baseboards
Your blinds and baseboards are often overlooked when it comes to dusting, but they can accumulate a lot of dust and dirt over time. This can make your home look dull and dirty, and also trigger allergies and asthma.
- Take a dryer sheet and rub it over your blinds, from top to bottom. The dryer sheet will attract and trap the dust on your blinds, leaving them clean and fresh.
- Take another dryer sheet and rub it along your baseboards, from one end to the other. The dryer sheet will also remove the dust and dirt from your baseboards, leaving them smooth and shiny.
Cleaning Hack #4: Use toothpaste to remove stains and scratches from your walls
Your walls are the backdrop of your home, but they can also get stained and scratched over time. Whether it’s from kids, pets, furniture, or accidents, your walls can end up looking worn and dirty.
- Take some toothpaste and apply it to the stain or scratch on your wall. Use a white or clear toothpaste, not a coloured or gel one.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to gently rub the toothpaste over the affected area. The toothpaste will act as a mild abrasive and a whitening agent, and remove the stain or scratch from your wall.
- Wipe off the excess toothpaste with a clean cloth or sponge and let the wall dry.
Cleaning Hack #5: Use coffee filters to clean your mirrors and windows
Whether it’s from fingerprints, dust, or water spots, your mirrors and windows can end up looking cloudy and dirty.
- Take a coffee filter and spray it with some water or vinegar. You can also use a spray bottle to mist your mirror or window with water or vinegar.
- Use the coffee filter to wipe your mirror or window, from one corner to the other. The coffee filter will leave your mirror or window streak-free and lint-free, as it is made of fine and absorbent fibres.
- Use another coffee filter to dry your mirror or window, if needed.
Cleaning Hack #6: Use a squeegee to remove pet hair from your carpets and furniture
If you have a dog, a cat, or any other furry friend, your carpets and furniture can end up looking hairy and messy.
- Take a squeegee and run it over your carpet or furniture, from one end to the other. The squeegee will scrape off the pet hair that is embedded in your carpet or furniture, and gather it into a pile.
- Pick up the pile of pet hair and discard it. You can also use a rubber glove or a damp cloth to collect any remaining hair.
While all these home remedies are good enough for a house with minor cleaning jobs, it can get hectic if every room and every furniture needs a deep clean. For such time-consuming tasks, we recommend you hire a home deep cleaning service in Dubai.
In the meantime, you can try out the cleaning tips and tricks we shared in this blog; and if you need help with cleaning, you can call us to experience the best cleaning service in Dubai.