Imagine coming home to a spotless and cozy home, where everything is in order and you don’t have to worry about cleaning, cooking, laundry, or ironing. Sounds wonderful, right?
That’s what you’ll get with a full-time maid for your home in Dubai
But hiring a full-time maid in Dubai is not as simple as it may seem. You need to find a reliable and trustworthy maid, comply with the legal and visa requirements, and manage the maid’s salary and benefits.
Ecofix is here to help you with this blog post that gives you all the essential information and tips you need to know before hiring a full-time maid in Dubai.
Types of Maids Available in Dubai
The type of maid you want completely depends on your needs. Knowing the different types of maids will help you choose the best maid for your home.
- Live-in maids
- Pros: Constant and flexible access to their services, more personal and friendly interaction
- Cons: Need to sponsor their visa and medical insurance, need to respect their privacy and personal space, need to give them at least one day off per week
- Live-out maids
- Pros: No need to sponsor their visa and medical insurance, more flexibility and freedom in choosing when and how often you need their services
- Cons: Higher rate per hour or per day, less trust and reliability, need to book them in advance and coordinate with their schedule
- Sponsored maids
- Pros: No need to sponsor their visa and medical insurance, more options and variety in choosing a maid who suits your needs and preferences
- Cons: Need to make sure they have a valid and legal work permit, need to get their sponsor’s permission, higher rate per hour or per day, less trust and reliability, need to book them in advance and coordinate with their schedule
- Non-sponsored maids
- Pros: Lower rate per hour or per day, more availability and convenience
- Cons: Breaking the law and risking fines and penalties, no guarantee of quality and safety, legal and ethical issues if something goes wrong
- Agency maids
- Pros: Assurance and security of dealing with a professional and trustworthy service provider, the agency takes care of the visa and medical requirements, background checks, training and supervision, contract and payment, replacement or refund if not satisfied
- Cons: Higher fee to the agency, less control, and flexibility in choosing and managing the maid
- Direct hire maids
- Pros: More control and flexibility in choosing and managing, negotiate and agree on the salary and benefits, working hours and tasks, contract and payment, more personal and friendly interaction
- Cons: Need to take care of the visa and medical requirements, background checks, training and supervision, contract and payment, responsibility and liability if something goes wrong
All this being said the easier choice would be to choose a maid from a trusted agency, but if you want to go with the other options, we’ll tell you how you can hire a maid in Dubai.
How to Hire a Full-time Maid in Dubai
To hire a full-time maid in Dubai, you need to follow these steps:
- Find and select a suitable maid: Search online, ask for referrals, or contact a maid agency. Check the maid’s profile, reviews, ratings, and availability.
- Conduct an interview and a background check: Meet the maid, either in person or online, and ask them questions. Verify their identity, visa status, work permit, and references.
- Obtain the necessary documents and approvals: Prepare and submit the required documents and fees to the authorities. Ensure that the maid has a valid passport, visa, medical certificate, and insurance.
- Finalize the contract and payment: Sign a written contract with the maid or the agency, which specifies the terms and conditions of the employment. Agree on the mode and frequency of payment, and keep a record of the receipts and invoices.
Welcome the maid to your home and introduce them to your family and household. Provide them with everything they need to know about your home. Communicate clearly and respectfully, and provide feedback and guidance.
Cost of Hiring a Full-time Maid in Dubai
Hiring a full-time maid in Dubai can be costly, depending on the type, experience, and skills of the maid, and the hours, tasks, and location of your home. Here are some costs to consider:
- Salary and benefits: AED 1,500 to AED 3,000 per month, plus AED 350 to AED 900 for food, transportation, and mobile allowance, and annual leave and gratuity based on salary and service.
- Visa and medical fees: AED 5,000 to AED 7,000 per year, plus AED 2,000 deposit, if you sponsor a live-in or a direct hire maid.
- Agency fees: AED 5,000 to AED 10,000 one-time fee, or AED 500 to AED 1,000 monthly fee, if you hire an agency maid.
To save money and avoid overpaying, you should research and compare different maids and agencies, be clear and realistic about your expectations and responsibilities, negotiate and agree on the salary and benefits with the maid, and sign a written contract and keep a record of payments.
Choosing the Best Maid Service in Dubai
If all this sounds overwhelming to you, and all you want is a trustworthy and highly-skilled full-time maid for your home in Dubai, then Ecofix is here for you. With us, you’ll get professionally qualified maids at an affordable rate, starting at just AED 30.00 an hour. Call us now.